veteran
veteran

Centaurus DNA250C MOD by Lost Vape

Mesaj de Valahul »

Centaurus DNA250C MOD by Lost Vape:

Sa il iau, sa nu il iau...
"Un om care se intelege bine cu toata lumea este lipsit de personalitate"
"Cu cat cunosc mai bine oamenii, iubesc mai mult cainii."
"Am invatat de la animale lucruri mai multe si mai profunde decat de la oameni."
Valahul
veteran
veteran

Re: Centaurus DNA250C MOD by Lost Vape

Mesaj de Valahul »

A aparut si prima recenzie cred, pe ecigclick.co.uk.

Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Mod Review – The Successor To the Paranormal
The Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c mod review, and the ‘rebirth’ of an all time classic box mod.
Its fair to say when it comes to Lost Vape, I tend to think of a few different devices.
Imagine
The first that comes to mind is the Orion Pod System range, such as the recently released Q Ultra and the Orion Plus – all of the line has had slight changes through their history.
But the Orion really was a bit of a game changer, especially with its unique style.
The next thing that comes to mind is their use of the Evolv DNA chipsets. There aren’t many devices that are released, that a year or two years later, are still being sold for their original price.
But for some reason, Lost Vape with use of the DNA chip’s seem to hold their price extremely well.
Imagine
The Lost Vape Drone DNA250C, along with the Paranormal DNA166/DNA75c/DNA250C their most notable.

All made from high quality materials still sell for over the £100 mark across the internet.

So after spending pretty much 18 months mainly focusing on their Orion range, Lost Vape has gone back to take a look at a new Dual 18650 DNA250C device and what they have come out with, is the Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c

‘Legendary Reborn‘ is how they put it.

And at a glance you can see its similarities to the Paranormal DNA250c that was released in early 2018.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c boxThe Centaurus DNA250c comes in a massive amount of styles, including 7777 unique stabwood effects, it has the DNA250c chip inside and I’m really pleased to be able to try out a device that on paper, speaks nothing but good things.

But what is it like really?

Lets crack on and try out the Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Mod

What Can We Expect From The Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250C Mod?
The Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c is the successor to the Paranormal, meaning its expected to be high quality with premium materials and of course the Evolv DNA250c Chip, which obviously makes this not your every day mod.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250cIts style and shape are very similar to the Paranormal on first impressions and so as Lost Vape state themselves, this is looking to be pretty much a ‘Reborn’ version of the Paranormal.

The DNA line of chips has slowly evolved over time, and includes some excellent features which I will hopefully explain within this review.

The standout features are firstly its accuracy with regards to resistance, current, wattage and temperatures, along with some clever profiles such as Replay that allow you to set the device to replicate the exact same vape experience every time.

The Centaurus also has the ability to charge your phone or other device which they call ‘On-The-Go USB’ thanks to the USB adaptor included in the box.

Inside the Box
1 x Centaurus DNA250c Device
Micro USB Cable
Female USB to Micro USB Adaptor
Warning Card
Warranty Card
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c contents
Specifications
Battery – Dual 18650 Battery Compartment
Wattage Output – 1-200w
Power Range: 1-200w
Temperature Range: 200F – 600F
0.90inch Colour TFT Screen
Up to 25mm diameter without overhang.
Output Modes: Variable Wattage/TC/NI/SS
Multiple Circuit Protections
Height: 91.0mm
Width: 55.0mm
Depth: 26.0mm
Weight: 173g
Colours Available: Displayed Below
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c colours
The Stabwood Series is limited to a unique total of 7777no units, I’ve no information on if there is an additional cost for this colour style, however the Limited Series does come with a unique serial number card and of course the stabilised wood finish.

Design and Build Quality
I’ve been sent the ‘SS/Cowhide-Tactile Carbon Fibre version of the Centaurus, it has 2 carbon fibre panels on either side which are definitely real carbon fibre.

I’ve no idea of the grade or any of that kind of technical information, but you can really see the weave in the carbon and you can feel the texture of it across your fingers.

This style also has a nice cowhide style leather that is a rich brown/red and feels high quality.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c colour choice
The Centaurus is predominantly made from stainless steel, it has a brushed yet shiny look and size wise, it reminds me of the Geekvape Aegis Legend.

In fact standing next to each other, the Centaurus and the Legend are almost identical in size, width and depth.

Even the back ends of both devices feature a soft leathery section…Hmmm

The Centaurus isn’t the largest of devices, which for some may cause a few problems, the 510 connection up top is ever so slightly raised on its base, which bothers me a little bit as your tank or RDA doesn’t sit completely flush.

Good luck fitting anything over 25mm in diameter, as it will overhang. Its a shame because it just means the Centaurus lacks versatility. But that lack in versatility doesn’t take away from its quality which on the whole, is very very good.

In The Hand
Considering the Centaurus is made from Stainless Steel, its weighty, but not a heavy device to hold.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c 510
Thanks to the smooth squidgy leather section, the Centaurus is nice and comfortable to hold. Its an ideal size and certainly not too big, I think they’ve done a nice job size wise for a dual 18650 device.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c in hand
The Centaurus is nice to hold either way round, as a finger firing device, leaving the soft leather section nestled within the Thenar Web-space (That’s the skin between your thumb and index finger)

Firing with your thumb is probably my preferred way, as all your fingers wrap comfortably around the Leather section of the Centaurus.
Imagine
review of the Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c
A nice comfortable device to hold and use.

This is where the small details come into play, especially considering its looked at, as a ‘Reborn‘ version of the Paranormal.

They’ve added an inverted groove to either side of the front of the device, meaning no matter which way you hold the device, your hand/fingers aren’t pressing around a sharp corner which definitely makes this device more comfortable.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c base
Lost Vape has also smoothed out some of the other more harsh edges in comparison to the Paranormal, and made a huge improvement to the battery door which now includes a very nice latch that locks into place beautifully.

Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Display
If you’re familiar with the DNA250c or DNa75c, there is nothing new to see here.

Lost Vape didn’t even go to the extent of adding their own custom theme, it’s just the default Evolv screen, and that carries on to the other menu pages and profiles.

If you’re not familiar with the DNA chip and how they operated, here are the basics.

Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Basic Operation
All DNA Colour screens come with 3, yes 3 buttons. Simply put, these are Up, Select and Down from top to bottom.

When you first put your batteries into the Centaurus, you’ll be greeted with what we’ll call the ‘Lock Screen’.
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c buttons
Like most devices, it’ll show the usual Battery Level, Coil resistance etc, but you cant vape it just yet, nope.

One thing you’ll discover with any DNA device is that you cant switch it off as such, only lock it, which eventually will put it to sleep – that might be a bit annoying to some of you?

Five clicks of the fire button and you enter the main page, what they call the ‘Profile’ page – now you can start vaping.
Imagine
DNAc menu
At first you’ll get a page asking if you’re using a new coil, which will display the resistance, and if you’re happy, click yes.

Pressing the Up or down buttons will highlight the different options, and which ever one you want to adjust, simply click the adjust buttons and you’re off.

Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Main Menu
Within the main menu is a plethora of options:
Imagine
Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c menu options
Atomizer
Anything to do with your tank or dripper will be stated in here, right down to the temperature.

You can also adjust the punch from 0-11 which will give you a boost of power at the initial start of your vape to help with coil ramp-up times.

Puff Info
If you’re into fancy graphs and statistics, Puff Info will be right up your street. You can browse through your vaping history to see the length of each of your previous vapes, the wattage it reached and voltage information.

Diagnostics
A load of information is listed on this page which will state almost everything you need to know about the device, the RTA/RDA/Tank along with the temperature of the Chipset and USB voltage.

Loads of information for those who like that kind of thing.

System
In System you can make the necessary changes to the brightness of the display, the time and date and which unit the device will measure in.

How Does The Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Perform?
During the past 10 days using the Centaurus, I’ve used a number of different devices from hard hitting RDA’s, to a 22mm MTL RTA.

Apart from the raised 510 connector, everything sits nicely on the device as long as you don’t go over 25mm.

The power output from the Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c is excellent and with the various tweaks that can be made firstly on the device, and also through the Escibe Software, you can tailor your experience just how you like it.
Imagine

The replay mode is interesting, but does work legitimately. Allowing the ‘Perfect Puff’ every time, it takes a little while to get used to but is a clever function.

Using the device in temperature control mode, I’ve found the DNA chipset is excellent and is known for its accuracy and performance.
Imagine

Its almost fair to say the DNA boards set the standard for being extremely accurate, especially in Temperature Control Mode.

For the majority of my time using the Centaurus, apart from a few changes to the profiles in Escribe, I’ve stuck mostly to wattage and I’ve enjoyed it very much indeed.

The Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c Special Features
So like any other device which features the DNA250c chip, there are a few special features that help overcome the thoughts of paying the extra price.

On The Go USB
Included in the box is a Female USB to Micro USB adaptor which allows you to plug one end into the Centaurus, your phones charging cable into the other end, and charge your phone using your two 18650 batteries.
Imagine
According to my clever USB testing device, it pumps out 1.5 Amps of charging power, which is respectable from device to device so it will actually do a good job of charging your phone.

Replay Mode
I’m going to cheat a little here because I cant find a better way to exactly describe how Replay mode works, so thank you to whoever wrote the following…

Replay is the most advanced vaping technology developed by Evolve. Replay is intended to capture the flavor and satisfaction of the ”perfect puff”, and provide the same level of performance and consistency on all subsequent puffs. The replay will also prevent the device from getting dry hits.
Is Replay same as Temperature Control mode?
The answer is no.
Temperature Control(TC Mode) is intended to maintain safety from overheating. Replay is more complicated than that, and the point of replay is to maintain flavor.
Firstly ,set the device to a desired power level and operate it normally. Once a satisfying puff is achieved, activate the mode to save and replay the selected puff.

Escribe Software
How many of you have felt your mod needs an update or something needs rebooting?

I’ve certainly been there, and you have to trawl through the manufacturers website, trying to figure out how to download the driver that will update your device, then your device wont connect to your computer and when you finally get it connected, the software doesn’t work.

Well with the Escribe Software from Evolv, it removes all of those painful issues.

Firstly its downloadable from the Evolv DNa website, which includes a great forum for answering questions.

Once downloaded, your device will connect almost instantly once plugged in.
Imagine
And that when you open more options to your device than you would believe. You can fully customise the display, the menus and even the background.

There are a lot of advanced options which I would recommend you leave alone, but for basic customization, the Escribe software is fairly well laid out and quite user friendly.

There are plenty of information and tutorials out there on how to use the Escribe software, including a few of my own 😉

Pros
Extremely High Quality Device
DNA Chipset always a Pro from me
Comfortable to hold
Solid feeling battery door
A high performer
Faultless Temp Control Mode
Cons
Raised 510 base
Limited to 25mm Atomiser
Expensive to purchase
Menu’s may be a little tricky for some.
Isn’t much of an upgrade from the Paranormal DNA250c
Final Review Verdict
If you own the Paranoral DNA25c, I don’t really think you are going to notice much of an improvement apart from the minor tweaks – but that’s not to say that overall this isn’t an excellent device.

The build quality really is top notch. Certainly a premium device and in the colour combo I have, is also kind of stylish, like a retro looking wallet with the modern twist thanks to the Carbon Fibre.
Imagine
I’m a fan of the DNA chip-set, especially the colour versions. They are accurate, powerful and smart and without them, you would loose a number of minor features, which I doubt I would miss if they weren’t there, but I also quite like those particular features, especially the use of the Escribe software.

Its a shame the Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250c can only take an atomizer up to 25mm before any overhang, but fortunately most mainstream tanks and RDA’s are usually a maximum of 25mm anyway.

The only real thing that bothers me, is the 510 plate on the top of the device which is slightly raised.

If you use a 22mm RTA, it looks absolutely fine, but anything over 22mm and you can see the gap. A little annoying if you like a flat looking atomizer on your device.

SURSA: https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/lost-vape-c ... 0c-review/
"Am invatat de la animale lucruri mai multe si mai profunde decat de la oameni."
slavyk
veteran
veteran

Mesaj de slavyk »

Azi, la preț bun, cu cod de reducere „MAPCENTAURUS”:
https://www.2fdeal.com/authentic-lost-v ... 14216.html
Valahul
veteran
veteran

Mesaj de Valahul »

Cred ca o sa il iau pana la urma.
slavyk
veteran
veteran

Mesaj de slavyk »

Uite, model de vreo doi ani, dar lăudat și la preț bunicel:
https://www.homudy.com/product/lost-vap ... c-box-mod/
HORATUCU
veteran
veteran

Mesaj de HORATUCU »

Eu am Paranormalul. Nici o obiectie, folosit zilnic de cam 2 ani, l-am mai scapat de cateva ori, dar nici o problema cu el. Cel mai bun mod al meu cu 2 baterii de 18650.
Daca ar fi ca eu sa iau alt mod, m-as orienta spre cele cu un singur acumulator de 21700 (tot cu DNA). Ratiuni de gabarit, greutate.
„Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero” HORATIU
Scrie răspuns